Facebook tweaks News Feed to show more relevant posts
Washington: Social media giant Facebook has reportedly announced tweaks to the site`s News Feed in a bid to show more relevant posts to the user.
According to the Washington Post, Facebook said that it is testing new algorithm which will work to bring stories that may have ended up at the bottom of the feed but are still flagged as posts a user would like to see.
Currently, Facebook prioritizes information from certain people based on things including on how much a user interacts with that person or how many shares, likes or comments have been left on a single post.
However, the new system was found to lead people to read more of the stories on their News Feed from about 57 percent to 70 percent which resulted in a change to the amount of likes, shares and comments on the site for individuals by 5 percent.
Facebook said that it will be providing more updates on how it tweaks its News Feed, in an attempt to offer more information to brand owners and businesses on its site about how and why it changes things, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players