Facebook unlikely to launch auto-play video ads this year
Washington: Facebook is reportedly unlikely to rollout the much-awaited auto-play ads on its site.
Sources said that Facebook has advised some advertisers not to expect the service rollout before 2014.
According to ABC News, the service was earlier speculated to be launched in the first half of this year, but now appears to be pushed forward for another time.
The delay can be due to the risk involved in displaying such ads which play automatically with no audio at first, and users can turn on the sound later.
The report said that Facebook is waiting to evaluate the service thoroughly before the debut and see how its users have interacted with similar noncommercial videos that the site launched earlier this year.
Morgan Stanley had said earlier this year that Facebook could rake in 1 billion dollars from video ads in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand