Facebook updates News Feed to show more `high quality content`
Washington: Facebook has reportedly updated its News Feed to show more high quality content to its users, including news articles and current events.
Analysts Varun Kacholia and Minwen Ji pointed that the updated algorithm would mean that users can expect more news and story links to appear in News Feeds, especially on mobile.
According to Mashable, the update would push those posts on top of the feed where a user`s friends have commented so as to create more conversation around articles in the comments.
The analysts wrote on the company blog that soon they`ll be doing a better job of distinguishing between a high quality article on a website versus a meme photo hosted somewhere other than Facebook when people click on those stories on mobile.
The report said that Facebook will also begin recommending related articles to users who click on a link from their feed and these suggested articles will appear below the original post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees