Facebook updates News Feed to show more `high quality content`
Washington: Facebook has reportedly updated its News Feed to show more high quality content to its users, including news articles and current events.
Analysts Varun Kacholia and Minwen Ji pointed that the updated algorithm would mean that users can expect more news and story links to appear in News Feeds, especially on mobile.
According to Mashable, the update would push those posts on top of the feed where a user`s friends have commented so as to create more conversation around articles in the comments.
The analysts wrote on the company blog that soon they`ll be doing a better job of distinguishing between a high quality article on a website versus a meme photo hosted somewhere other than Facebook when people click on those stories on mobile.
The report said that Facebook will also begin recommending related articles to users who click on a link from their feed and these suggested articles will appear below the original post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RESPECT! Rio silver medallist sells medal for 3-year-old cancer patient; Harbhajan Singh overawed
- Death toll in Somalia beach restaurant attack rises to 10
- Food allergies linked to higher asthma risk in kids
- Nepal PM Prachanda expands Cabinet, includes 13 ministers from NC
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts