Facebook users` accounts suspended for liking English dish `faggots`
London: Two of Facebook`s users found their accounts temporarily suspended after they wrote about liking the classic English food dish faggots.
Faggot is often used as a slur against homosexuals, while the users have admitted to using the word for the dish, also known as ` savoury ducks`.
Facebook user Robert Wilkes, 54, found his account suspended for 12 hours after he posted that he `liked faggots`, while another user Eileen Perrins, 68, posted a picture of the food dish, and found a similar consequence, metro.co.uk reports.
Wilkes said that the word may have a different meaning in America but he used it in a food context.
According to the report, Facebook admitted its attempts to stamp out the word may have led to `confusion`.
One of the makers of the popular dish, Mr. Brain`s Faggots, said that it hoped faggot fans wouldn`t face any further problems on the social network.
A spokesperson for the maker said that they appreciate that Facebook has to act responsibly concerning comments posted on their site adding that hopefully the social network giant has solved the issue so that fans of Mr. Brain`s Faggots can once again comment freely without being inhibited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan