Facebook users` accounts suspended for liking English dish `faggots`
London: Two of Facebook`s users found their accounts temporarily suspended after they wrote about liking the classic English food dish faggots.
Faggot is often used as a slur against homosexuals, while the users have admitted to using the word for the dish, also known as ` savoury ducks`.
Facebook user Robert Wilkes, 54, found his account suspended for 12 hours after he posted that he `liked faggots`, while another user Eileen Perrins, 68, posted a picture of the food dish, and found a similar consequence, metro.co.uk reports.
Wilkes said that the word may have a different meaning in America but he used it in a food context.
According to the report, Facebook admitted its attempts to stamp out the word may have led to `confusion`.
One of the makers of the popular dish, Mr. Brain`s Faggots, said that it hoped faggot fans wouldn`t face any further problems on the social network.
A spokesperson for the maker said that they appreciate that Facebook has to act responsibly concerning comments posted on their site adding that hopefully the social network giant has solved the issue so that fans of Mr. Brain`s Faggots can once again comment freely without being inhibited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Matt Damon is back, check out terrific 'Jason Bourne' poster!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!