Facebook users` accounts suspended for liking English dish `faggots`
London: Two of Facebook`s users found their accounts temporarily suspended after they wrote about liking the classic English food dish faggots.
Faggot is often used as a slur against homosexuals, while the users have admitted to using the word for the dish, also known as ` savoury ducks`.
Facebook user Robert Wilkes, 54, found his account suspended for 12 hours after he posted that he `liked faggots`, while another user Eileen Perrins, 68, posted a picture of the food dish, and found a similar consequence, metro.co.uk reports.
Wilkes said that the word may have a different meaning in America but he used it in a food context.
According to the report, Facebook admitted its attempts to stamp out the word may have led to `confusion`.
One of the makers of the popular dish, Mr. Brain`s Faggots, said that it hoped faggot fans wouldn`t face any further problems on the social network.
A spokesperson for the maker said that they appreciate that Facebook has to act responsibly concerning comments posted on their site adding that hopefully the social network giant has solved the issue so that fans of Mr. Brain`s Faggots can once again comment freely without being inhibited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?