Facebook users hit by site`s outage
New Delhi: Facebook users today faced trouble accessing the popular social networking site, while the company said later that the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook. We apologise for any inconvenience," Facebook said in a statement.
Although it could not be ascertained as to how long did the outage last, blogs suggested that the website was not accessible for about an hour.
The outage came against the backdrop of Facebook grappling with the fallout of its IPO. The company`s shares, which got listed on Nasdaq on May 18, have plummeted over 20 per cent from its IPO price of USD 38. The stock closed at USD 29.60 apiece on May 31.
Facebook claims to have over 25 million users in India.
It had 901 million monthly active users worldwide at the end of March 2012, according to the Website.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference