Facebook users hit by site`s outage
New Delhi: Facebook users today faced trouble accessing the popular social networking site, while the company said later that the problem has been fixed.
"Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site. The issues have since been resolved and everyone should now have access to Facebook. We apologise for any inconvenience," Facebook said in a statement.
Although it could not be ascertained as to how long did the outage last, blogs suggested that the website was not accessible for about an hour.
The outage came against the backdrop of Facebook grappling with the fallout of its IPO. The company`s shares, which got listed on Nasdaq on May 18, have plummeted over 20 per cent from its IPO price of USD 38. The stock closed at USD 29.60 apiece on May 31.
Facebook claims to have over 25 million users in India.
It had 901 million monthly active users worldwide at the end of March 2012, according to the Website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL