Facebook users spend at least 8 hrs a day on site
London: One in nine Facebook users admit to spending a daily average of eight hours on the social networking site and checking their accounts over 20 times a day, according to a new UK research.
The research by a UK based e-commerce website examined the social media habits of 18-25 year olds in Britain and found that most obsessed Facebook users log onto the site over 20 times a day and spend a daily average of eight hours on the social networking site the equivalent of a full working day.
Huge numbers of youngsters admitted to worrying about their `online appearance`, a newspaper reported.
Over a third (38 percent) of young adults admit to worrying about being tagged in unflattering photos.
Girls seems to be the most affected, with almost half claiming that friends seeing dodgy photos of them on Facebook is one of their major worries in life.
Over a quarter admit to feeling unpopular when scrolling through posts of nights out they were not invited to, and one in five (19 percent) go as far as to exaggerating their status updates to make their lives appear more exciting.
Almost a quarter of youngsters admitted they regularly splash out on new clothes to avoid being tagged in the same outfit twice.
"Facebook is an integral part of young people`s lives but it`s putting pressure on them to fit in and look the part, which is especially challenging for groups likes cash-strapped students," Duncan Jennings, co-founder of VoucherCodes.Co.Uk, which carried out the research, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India