Facebook ‘using Instagram as weapon’ in war against Twitter
London: Social networking-giant Facebook is apparently using it’s recently aquired free-photo sharing service Instagram as a new weapon in its war with rival Twitter.
It comes after Instagram, disabled its integration with Twitter`s cards feature, changing the way its pictures are displayed on Twitter.
Instagram images are now awkwardly cropped, rather than sitting nicely in the timeline, meaning that you have to visit Instagram itself to see the picture properly, The Telegraph reports.
“We’ve launched several improvements to our Web site that allow users to directly engage with Instagram content through likes, comments, hashtags and now we believe the best experience is for us to link back to where the content lives,” Kevin Systrom, Instagram`s chief executive said.
According to the paper, Facebook has made regular changes to its settings and policies in a bid to encourage users to share just a little bit more information, making themselves more valuable to advertisers in the process, the paper said.
Its latest proposal would now allow more data to be shared with Facebok from advertising partners and affiliates, including Instagram, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says