Facebook won`t change privacy settings when you die
Washington: Facebook has reportedly announced that it would no longer change the privacy settings of a deceased person`s account on the site.
Earlier Facebook would change the privacy settings on a `memorial account` so that only their friends could view the page.
However, the social networking giant has said that it would no longer tweak the settings and leave the pages/ accounts `as they were` set by the deceased, The Verge reports.
Facebook said that it would respect the choice a person made in life while giving their extended community of family and friends ongoing visibility to the same content they could always see.
According to the report, the site would also agreed to allow the creation of its "Look Back" compilation videos for memorial accounts, after a father appealed to the developers to create such a video for his deceased son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province