Facebook won`t change privacy settings when you die
Washington: Facebook has reportedly announced that it would no longer change the privacy settings of a deceased person`s account on the site.
Earlier Facebook would change the privacy settings on a `memorial account` so that only their friends could view the page.
However, the social networking giant has said that it would no longer tweak the settings and leave the pages/ accounts `as they were` set by the deceased, The Verge reports.
Facebook said that it would respect the choice a person made in life while giving their extended community of family and friends ongoing visibility to the same content they could always see.
According to the report, the site would also agreed to allow the creation of its "Look Back" compilation videos for memorial accounts, after a father appealed to the developers to create such a video for his deceased son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon