Facebook won`t change privacy settings when you die
Washington: Facebook has reportedly announced that it would no longer change the privacy settings of a deceased person`s account on the site.
Earlier Facebook would change the privacy settings on a `memorial account` so that only their friends could view the page.
However, the social networking giant has said that it would no longer tweak the settings and leave the pages/ accounts `as they were` set by the deceased, The Verge reports.
Facebook said that it would respect the choice a person made in life while giving their extended community of family and friends ongoing visibility to the same content they could always see.
According to the report, the site would also agreed to allow the creation of its "Look Back" compilation videos for memorial accounts, after a father appealed to the developers to create such a video for his deceased son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda