Facebook Year in Review 2013: Pope Francis tops list; Nelson Mandela at 10th spot
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Washington: Pope Francis, the current and 266th pope of the Catholic Church, tops the list of Facebook’s 2013 year in review. South Africa’s Nelson Mandela came at 10th spot worldwide after his recent death.
As the social networking site released the trending topics for their year 2013 in review, Miley Cyrus and the Harlem Shake also make it to the top 10 list.
“Facebook’s “2013 Year in Review” displays the most talked about topics of the year on the social networking site both worldwide and regionally.
In the US, the Super Bowl leads the way, just ahead of the recent Government shutdown and the Boston Marathon, where five people died following a bombing in April.
Andy Murray’s Wimbledon victory has helped him claim the top spot, followed by Margaret Thatcher, after her death in April, and the Royal Baby made the list at number three.
Below is the list of Facebook’s most talked about topics worldwide this year:
Tour de France
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video