Facebook’s billions ‘safe’ from Zuckerberg’s wife
London: Mark Zuckerberg can now legally guard almost his entire estimated wealth worth 12.17billion pounds from his new wife Priscilla Chan.
The computer genius racked up the biggest individual profit in history following the initial public share offering earlier this month but, under Californian law, his new bride, whom he married in May, is entitled to none of it.
“as in business, timing is everything. the event of a divorce, spouses are entitled to half everything earned during marriage,” newspaper quoted los angeles-based attorney steve mindel, prenuptial agreement specialist, as saying.
however this does not mean, that priscilla, 27, would walk away completely empty-handed their union failing, mindel stressed.
He believes the couple almost certainly signed a written legal prenup before marrying, “The bankers and venture capitalists would have demanded that before they began putting millions upon millions of dollars into the company,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police