Facebook’s billions ‘safe’ from Zuckerberg’s wife
London: Mark Zuckerberg can now legally guard almost his entire estimated wealth worth 12.17billion pounds from his new wife Priscilla Chan.
The computer genius racked up the biggest individual profit in history following the initial public share offering earlier this month but, under Californian law, his new bride, whom he married in May, is entitled to none of it.
“as in business, timing is everything. the event of a divorce, spouses are entitled to half everything earned during marriage,” newspaper quoted los angeles-based attorney steve mindel, prenuptial agreement specialist, as saying.
however this does not mean, that priscilla, 27, would walk away completely empty-handed their union failing, mindel stressed.
He believes the couple almost certainly signed a written legal prenup before marrying, “The bankers and venture capitalists would have demanded that before they began putting millions upon millions of dollars into the company,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?