Facebook’s billions ‘safe’ from Zuckerberg’s wife
London: Mark Zuckerberg can now legally guard almost his entire estimated wealth worth 12.17billion pounds from his new wife Priscilla Chan.
The computer genius racked up the biggest individual profit in history following the initial public share offering earlier this month but, under Californian law, his new bride, whom he married in May, is entitled to none of it.
“as in business, timing is everything. the event of a divorce, spouses are entitled to half everything earned during marriage,” newspaper quoted los angeles-based attorney steve mindel, prenuptial agreement specialist, as saying.
however this does not mean, that priscilla, 27, would walk away completely empty-handed their union failing, mindel stressed.
He believes the couple almost certainly signed a written legal prenup before marrying, “The bankers and venture capitalists would have demanded that before they began putting millions upon millions of dollars into the company,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire