Facebook`s Home app gets one-star from users
Sydney: A majority of users have given Facebook`s Home mobile a one star rating on the Google Play store.
Out of 14,100 reviews of the free Android app, 52 percent rated it just one out of five stars.
Nearly 16 percent of reviewers however gave it top marks, leaving the app with an overall `below average` rating of 2.2 stars, a website reported.
Facebook Home`s main feature is a constantly changed display of photos and updates from Facebook friends that consumes phone`s battery life and mobile data allowance.
Critics have complained the app`s main feature - a constantly changing display of photos and updates posted by your Facebook friends - consumes a lot of battery and mobile data allowance.
Many have also complained that the app `hijacks` a phone`s home screen, making it harder to access other phone functions like number dialing, texting and email.
The two-and-a-half weeks old app has however been appreciated it for its `stylish` and `simple` design.
A spokesperson for Facebook Australia said that the app was `a first step` and they were working to `improve the experience`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!