Facebook`s Home app gets one-star from users
Sydney: A majority of users have given Facebook`s Home mobile a one star rating on the Google Play store.
Out of 14,100 reviews of the free Android app, 52 percent rated it just one out of five stars.
Nearly 16 percent of reviewers however gave it top marks, leaving the app with an overall `below average` rating of 2.2 stars, a website reported.
Facebook Home`s main feature is a constantly changed display of photos and updates from Facebook friends that consumes phone`s battery life and mobile data allowance.
Critics have complained the app`s main feature - a constantly changing display of photos and updates posted by your Facebook friends - consumes a lot of battery and mobile data allowance.
Many have also complained that the app `hijacks` a phone`s home screen, making it harder to access other phone functions like number dialing, texting and email.
The two-and-a-half weeks old app has however been appreciated it for its `stylish` and `simple` design.
A spokesperson for Facebook Australia said that the app was `a first step` and they were working to `improve the experience`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites