Farooq Abdullah`s fake twitter account off the net
New Delhi: The fake account of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah today went off from the micro-blogging site with its discreet author apologising to the minister in a goodbye message.
This came a day after the Minister for New and Renewable Energy registered a police complaint against unknown persons for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and posting "some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate things" on the networking site.
Apparently facing the heat of law enforcement agencies, the author of the account made two entries in his final messages apologising to the Union Minister and his family for inconvenience caused by him.
"I had no intention, whatsoever, to tarnish the image of Mr Abdullah or to cause any harm to his image. This account was purely meant for fun," the anonymous author said.
Within minutes after posting the final two tweets past 1 PM, the page was off the micro-blogging site. However, police said that they would be able to trace the account at the earliest and bring the case to its logical conclusion.
The Minister had yesterday clarified that he had never opened any such account nor has authorised anyone to do it on his behalf.
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate probe in this regard," the spokesperson said.
Abdullah has expressed his anguish at "such misuse of social networking sites by unscrupulous elements which are otherwise a boon for spreading information and freedom of expression."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’