Father beats infant, posts photos on Facebook `for fun`
London: A French father who posted a photo of his one-month-old infant showing injuries on Facebook "for fun" has been booked on abuse charges.
During questioning, he revealed that he had hit the child because he could not stand the baby`s cries and had shared the photo on Facebook "for fun".
A friend of the couple who saw the "abnormal" photo on the social networking site alerted the police.
The worried Facebook friend alerted police in Aisne in northern France, Le Parisien reported.
It prompted a police probe that led to both parents being charged with violence on a minor.
Police confirmed that the baby was indeed "in a bad state".
According to the investigators, the mother did not alert police because she was worried that her husband would leave her, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS