Father beats infant, posts photos on Facebook `for fun`
London: A French father who posted a photo of his one-month-old infant showing injuries on Facebook "for fun" has been booked on abuse charges.
During questioning, he revealed that he had hit the child because he could not stand the baby`s cries and had shared the photo on Facebook "for fun".
A friend of the couple who saw the "abnormal" photo on the social networking site alerted the police.
The worried Facebook friend alerted police in Aisne in northern France, Le Parisien reported.
It prompted a police probe that led to both parents being charged with violence on a minor.
Police confirmed that the baby was indeed "in a bad state".
According to the investigators, the mother did not alert police because she was worried that her husband would leave her, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest