FIFA World Cup 2014: Google celebrates with doodle
Zee Media Bureau/ Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Google celebrates the start of world`s biggest sporting extravaganza with a doodle on its homepage, as Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 kicks off today.
Users will see a football bounce in the green and yellow of the host nation Brazil`s official flag
on the screen when they visit the homepage.
The letters in the word Google jump up and down sprouting tiny stick and legs symbolising the fans that makes the sports exhilarating.
A cartoon version of Rio de Janeiro unfolds in the background.
The doodle has an interactive play button, which when clicked shows an animated depiction of football and of the host nation that Brazil is about -- sun, sand, palm trees and party.
A statue of Christ the Redeemer watching the carnival scene impassively is also shown.
Known for its creative and interactive creation, the Internet giant added its newest creation on the FIFA World Cup 2014.
FIFA World Cup returns to the football crazy nation Brazil after 64 years. The last time the nation hosted the show was in 1950. The month long tournament will be held in 12 different cities of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra