FIFA World Cup 2014: Google celebrates with doodle
Zee Media Bureau/ Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Google celebrates the start of world`s biggest sporting extravaganza with a doodle on its homepage, as Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 kicks off today.
Users will see a football bounce in the green and yellow of the host nation Brazil`s official flag
on the screen when they visit the homepage.
The letters in the word Google jump up and down sprouting tiny stick and legs symbolising the fans that makes the sports exhilarating.
A cartoon version of Rio de Janeiro unfolds in the background.
The doodle has an interactive play button, which when clicked shows an animated depiction of football and of the host nation that Brazil is about -- sun, sand, palm trees and party.
A statue of Christ the Redeemer watching the carnival scene impassively is also shown.
Known for its creative and interactive creation, the Internet giant added its newest creation on the FIFA World Cup 2014.
FIFA World Cup returns to the football crazy nation Brazil after 64 years. The last time the nation hosted the show was in 1950. The month long tournament will be held in 12 different cities of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800