FIFA World Cup 2014: Google celebrates with doodle
Zee Media Bureau/ Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Google celebrates the start of world`s biggest sporting extravaganza with a doodle on its homepage, as Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 kicks off today.
Users will see a football bounce in the green and yellow of the host nation Brazil`s official flag
on the screen when they visit the homepage.
The letters in the word Google jump up and down sprouting tiny stick and legs symbolising the fans that makes the sports exhilarating.
A cartoon version of Rio de Janeiro unfolds in the background.
The doodle has an interactive play button, which when clicked shows an animated depiction of football and of the host nation that Brazil is about -- sun, sand, palm trees and party.
A statue of Christ the Redeemer watching the carnival scene impassively is also shown.
Known for its creative and interactive creation, the Internet giant added its newest creation on the FIFA World Cup 2014.
FIFA World Cup returns to the football crazy nation Brazil after 64 years. The last time the nation hosted the show was in 1950. The month long tournament will be held in 12 different cities of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read