Flappy Bird lovers threaten to kill developer after game taken off app stores
London: Die-hard fans of mobile game, Flappy Birds, have reportedly threatened to kill its developer after he took down the game from Apple and Google app stores.
Vietnamese Nguyen Dong had removed the game because he couldn`t take the amount of attention his 50,000 dollars-a-day ad revenue raking game was getting him.
However, disgruntled fans took to Twitter and threatened to kill Nguyen and themselves, if the game is not pulled back, metro.co.uk reports.
One fan threatened the developer that he best not delete Flappy Bird else he would murder him, while another posted- "I will kill you mother f*****."
Another user posted that he would literally kill himself, the game was his drug and he was addicted to it and pleaded Nguyen not to delete the game.
The simple yet addictive game made to the top position at Apple`s App Store and with Nguyen`s revelation about the kind of revenue it was making, the download number further went up.
Despite the original game was taken down by Nguyen, a lot of `fake Flappy Bird` still remain on the stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- ZTE launches two new smartphones – Blade V6, Axon Mini
- Devas-Antrix deal: International tribunal rules against India
- Heavy rains lash Uttar Pradesh; thunder showers predicted