Forget search engines, try the new ‘answer engines’
London: Computer wizards have claimed that by using a ‘cutting-edge’ technology they have created a clever website that gives direct answers to direct questions.
According to creators, “trueknowledge.com” site is an Internet “answer engine” which breaks new ground by giving direct answers to questions.
Co-founder William Tunstall-Pedoe, who is based in Cambridge, said the website is a “phone-a-friend” on the Internet which can answer “trillions” of questions.
“What`s new is that it is a website which answers the question,” the Daily Mail quoted Tunstall-Pedoe as saying.
“It doesn`t give you references to articles mentioning the words in the question. It gives you the answer. Ask it when Bob Dylan`s birthday is and it will simply tell you. And it if doesn`t know the answer it will say it doesn`t know.
“It doesn`t know everything but as we input more information it will know more and more.”
“It`s cutting-edge use of computers. It uses unique semantic technology, which has been many years in development.
“It understands user questions, represents knowledge in a way that the system can understand and process and can combine existing knowledge to infer new facts and answer questions it has never seen before.
“Powering the platform is also a database of facts: a unified representation of the world`s knowledge containing factual, common sense and lexical knowledge.
“We can already answer trillions of questions and as this knowledge base grows, we understand and answer more and more,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended