Fox website warns of `zombie day` after internal error
Sydney: The website of Fox News reportedly went into a funny-scary mode then it started posting stories with headlines claiming `World Zombie Day` to bring out the living dead and Apple unveiling a `Maverick Sea Lion`, after what was revealed as an internal error.
The news outlet`s homepage accidentally displayed numerous fake but funny headlines in the US after accidentally turning live a homepage prototype.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, initially many believed it to be a hack-attack.
Initially, many believed Fox News` website had been hacked.
The glitch continued for about half an hour and the main story on the homepage carried `Weeeeeeee` for its headline and `Stuff yo` for the story description.
Fox News chief digital officer Jeff Misenti explained that during the routine maintenance, a homepage prototype was accidentally moved to the actual site, but engineers quickly brought the site back to its normal function.
By then, the Twitter world had gone topsy-turvy, with users saying AMC behind the perceived hack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement