France, Spain to probe Google`s privacy laws over suspected data breaches
London: France and Spain have launched investigations into software giant Google`s privacy laws over suspected data breaches.
According to BBC, Spain has launched probe into Google laws related to particularly five data breaches whereas France has given the company three months to review its privacy policies.
Google`s new data policy tracks users across all its platforms, including Gmail, Google+ and YouTube in order to better their targets for advertisements.
However, Google has said that its privacy practices respect European laws adding that combining 60 privacy policies was done to simplify privacy.
The French National Commission on Computing and Freedom (CNIL) has asked Google to provide the reasons for using the private data and the duration for which it is held.
CNIL also wants the company to allow its users to opt out of getting their data centralized at one location.
The Spanish Data Protection Agency found five serious breaches by Google which include, disproportionate use of private data, diversion of the data to other users, storing it for excessive and unidentified time period, obstructing users to exercise their rights and most importantly inability to handle the data in a legitimate way.
The fines for each of the breaches pointed by Spain is up to 2,56,000 Euros.
In 2012, EU had warned the company that its data protection laws did not comply with a directive and gave it four months to review it, to which the company never responded.
Other nations like Britain, Germany, Italy and Netherlands have also launched their individual probes in the company`s privacy laws, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!