Games most downloaded application for mobiles
Washington: Games are the most downloaded application for mobile phones, a new study says which reiterates that the cellphone has become an inseparable part of life which offers unlimited entertainment rather than just being a communication tool.
"The cellphone`s no longer just a cellphone; it`s become the way we communicate and a part of our life," said Professor Esther Swilley, who conducted the study. She teaches technology and marketing at the Kansas State University.
So it comes as no surprise to Swilley that games are the most downloaded application for cellphones, according to a Kansas statement.
The majority of participants in the study were college students, aged between 19-24 years, 52 percent of them males. More importantly, 99 percent owned a mobile phone.
They said they are attached to their phone because of its functionality as an entertainment device rather than as a tool to communicate.
With the adoption of more smartphones and the introduction of apps, Swilley has noticed that for many owners, their phone`s entertainment factor has become a source of pride and joy -- similar to that of a lovable new pet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you