German state bans teacher-student Facebook contact
Sydney: A German state has reportedly banned contact between teachers and students on Facebook over the site`s storage of personal data for commercial purposes and also because it spoils the professional distance.
The Rhineland-Palatinate state has sent a message to teachers, intimating them about the policy barring them from chatting with students online and giving them access to photos and personal information.
State Education Ministry spokesman Wolf-Juergen Karle said that in certain schools, teachers and students talk about school-related topics over Facebook, which should happen over secure online educational platforms.
The ministry further said that Facebook`s business model of collecting personal data for commercial purposes is not compatible with the educational mission of the state`s schools.
The report said that other German states have also implemented or are considering measures restricting contact between students and teachers on social media networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fire kills 38 in Madagascar, including 16 children: Police
- WATCH: ADORABLE! MS Dhoni shares cutest videos with daughter Ziva on Instagram
- No need to hold talks with separatists: BJP
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!