Girlfriend`s post on Facebook lands man in jail
Washington: A 25-year-old man landed in jail for stealing USD 3,200 diamond ring, after his girlfriend posted a picture of the `engagement` ring on social networking site Facebook.
Police in Burlington arrested Ryan Jarvis after he proposed to his fiancee, allegedly with a stolen diamond ring.
The arrest was made after the cops recieved a tip off following a Facebook posting by Jarvis` girlfriend.
WCAX-TV reported that the man was charged with stealing a white gold solitaire ring worth USD 3,200 which he took off with from a jewelry store in the Burlington Town Center Mall, where he was looking at jewelry for about an hour.
Officer Jesse Stewart said that Jarvis proposed to his girlfriend, who shared the news on Facebook, included a picture of the ring.
This prompted some of her friends call police, as they realised it matched the stolen ring they`d seen on the news.
Burlington Police say Jarvis` girlfriend was wearing the stolen ring when they came question the couple. However, they don`t think the woman was aware that the ring was stolen and thus don`t plan to file criminal charges against her.
They claim Jarvis who faces felony charges, has confessed and is was unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed