`Global cyber war could be as destructive as atomic war`
London: A cyber war globally could cause destruction on the scale of an atomic war and lead to the death of millions, an online expert has warned.
US cyber security expert Scott Borg told a conference that cyber attackers could completely destroy power generators using malicious software code.
According to an English news website, Borg told the Australian Defence Magazine Cyber Security summit in Canberra that while a loss of electric power for a few days may cause limited damage, a widespread shutdown beyond eight to ten days could effectively halt a nation`s economy for months.
Hr warned that food and medicine distribution would be affected, along with transport and access to other so-called necessities of life such as heating, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league