`Global cyber war could be as destructive as atomic war`
London: A cyber war globally could cause destruction on the scale of an atomic war and lead to the death of millions, an online expert has warned.
US cyber security expert Scott Borg told a conference that cyber attackers could completely destroy power generators using malicious software code.
According to an English news website, Borg told the Australian Defence Magazine Cyber Security summit in Canberra that while a loss of electric power for a few days may cause limited damage, a widespread shutdown beyond eight to ten days could effectively halt a nation`s economy for months.
Hr warned that food and medicine distribution would be affected, along with transport and access to other so-called necessities of life such as heating, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes