`Global cyber war could be as destructive as atomic war`
London: A cyber war globally could cause destruction on the scale of an atomic war and lead to the death of millions, an online expert has warned.
US cyber security expert Scott Borg told a conference that cyber attackers could completely destroy power generators using malicious software code.
According to an English news website, Borg told the Australian Defence Magazine Cyber Security summit in Canberra that while a loss of electric power for a few days may cause limited damage, a widespread shutdown beyond eight to ten days could effectively halt a nation`s economy for months.
Hr warned that food and medicine distribution would be affected, along with transport and access to other so-called necessities of life such as heating, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines