`Global cyber war could be as destructive as atomic war`
London: A cyber war globally could cause destruction on the scale of an atomic war and lead to the death of millions, an online expert has warned.
US cyber security expert Scott Borg told a conference that cyber attackers could completely destroy power generators using malicious software code.
According to an English news website, Borg told the Australian Defence Magazine Cyber Security summit in Canberra that while a loss of electric power for a few days may cause limited damage, a widespread shutdown beyond eight to ten days could effectively halt a nation`s economy for months.
Hr warned that food and medicine distribution would be affected, along with transport and access to other so-called necessities of life such as heating, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand