`Global cyber war could be as destructive as atomic war`
London: A cyber war globally could cause destruction on the scale of an atomic war and lead to the death of millions, an online expert has warned.
US cyber security expert Scott Borg told a conference that cyber attackers could completely destroy power generators using malicious software code.
According to an English news website, Borg told the Australian Defence Magazine Cyber Security summit in Canberra that while a loss of electric power for a few days may cause limited damage, a widespread shutdown beyond eight to ten days could effectively halt a nation`s economy for months.
Hr warned that food and medicine distribution would be affected, along with transport and access to other so-called necessities of life such as heating, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- After buyout, this company will be world`s biggest agricultural supplier
- Material that can help develop new computing technologies developed!
- In this spectacular temple complex, you will find a hall with ‘thousand’ pillars!
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results