Gmail goes down worldwide for nearly 45 minutes
London: Search giant Google’s popular email service, Gmail, went down across the world for over 45 minutes, potentially affecting 350 million users.
Many Gmail users received error messages on their accounts, meaning they could not send or receive email or access their inboxes on Tuesday.
Google acknowledged the problem and tweeted that they had received several reports of errors, The Telegraph reports.
The firm said it was ‘investigating reports of an issue’ with Gmail, and issued a statement as the service was being restored.
“We`re aware that some users are experiencing an error when accessing their Gmail. We are working on a resolution and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience,” Google said.
Gmail, which claims to have over 350 million active accounts, said overall fewer than two percent of its users were affected worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene