Gmail goes down worldwide for nearly 45 minutes
London: Search giant Google’s popular email service, Gmail, went down across the world for over 45 minutes, potentially affecting 350 million users.
Many Gmail users received error messages on their accounts, meaning they could not send or receive email or access their inboxes on Tuesday.
Google acknowledged the problem and tweeted that they had received several reports of errors, The Telegraph reports.
The firm said it was ‘investigating reports of an issue’ with Gmail, and issued a statement as the service was being restored.
“We`re aware that some users are experiencing an error when accessing their Gmail. We are working on a resolution and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience,” Google said.
Gmail, which claims to have over 350 million active accounts, said overall fewer than two percent of its users were affected worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days