Gmail goes down worldwide for nearly 45 minutes
London: Search giant Google’s popular email service, Gmail, went down across the world for over 45 minutes, potentially affecting 350 million users.
Many Gmail users received error messages on their accounts, meaning they could not send or receive email or access their inboxes on Tuesday.
Google acknowledged the problem and tweeted that they had received several reports of errors, The Telegraph reports.
The firm said it was ‘investigating reports of an issue’ with Gmail, and issued a statement as the service was being restored.
“We`re aware that some users are experiencing an error when accessing their Gmail. We are working on a resolution and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience,” Google said.
Gmail, which claims to have over 350 million active accounts, said overall fewer than two percent of its users were affected worldwide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'