Gmail goes down worldwide for nearly 45 minutes
London: Search giant Google’s popular email service, Gmail, went down across the world for over 45 minutes, potentially affecting 350 million users.
Many Gmail users received error messages on their accounts, meaning they could not send or receive email or access their inboxes on Tuesday.
Google acknowledged the problem and tweeted that they had received several reports of errors, The Telegraph reports.
The firm said it was ‘investigating reports of an issue’ with Gmail, and issued a statement as the service was being restored.
“We`re aware that some users are experiencing an error when accessing their Gmail. We are working on a resolution and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience,” Google said.
Gmail, which claims to have over 350 million active accounts, said overall fewer than two percent of its users were affected worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand