Gmail goes down worldwide for nearly 45 minutes
London: Search giant Google’s popular email service, Gmail, went down across the world for over 45 minutes, potentially affecting 350 million users.
Many Gmail users received error messages on their accounts, meaning they could not send or receive email or access their inboxes on Tuesday.
Google acknowledged the problem and tweeted that they had received several reports of errors, The Telegraph reports.
The firm said it was ‘investigating reports of an issue’ with Gmail, and issued a statement as the service was being restored.
“We`re aware that some users are experiencing an error when accessing their Gmail. We are working on a resolution and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience,” Google said.
Gmail, which claims to have over 350 million active accounts, said overall fewer than two percent of its users were affected worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'