Gmail to categorize emails as per relevance
Wellington: World`s most popular email service by Google is set to have a revamped design and a feature which will pre-sort the incoming mails as per relevant categories.
Gmail`s new look will change its appearance both on desktop and mobile applications with dedicated tabs, Stuff.co.nz reports.
The important mails from friends, family and colleagues will appear in the Primary tab, while other tabs will have notifications from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Separate tab will include updates on bills, receipts and confirmation emails, while mails from online discussion groups will appear in the Forums tab.
The report however said that inbox organization is optional and the user can choose which of the five categories they want to use.
This update will be made available to the users in the coming weeks and the users can also do it manually with the settings tab in Gmail.
Gmail`s another attempt at managing the email clutter comes after three years of its introduction of Priority Inbox feature, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say