Gmail to categorize emails as per relevance
Wellington: World`s most popular email service by Google is set to have a revamped design and a feature which will pre-sort the incoming mails as per relevant categories.
Gmail`s new look will change its appearance both on desktop and mobile applications with dedicated tabs, Stuff.co.nz reports.
The important mails from friends, family and colleagues will appear in the Primary tab, while other tabs will have notifications from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Separate tab will include updates on bills, receipts and confirmation emails, while mails from online discussion groups will appear in the Forums tab.
The report however said that inbox organization is optional and the user can choose which of the five categories they want to use.
This update will be made available to the users in the coming weeks and the users can also do it manually with the settings tab in Gmail.
Gmail`s another attempt at managing the email clutter comes after three years of its introduction of Priority Inbox feature, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption