Gmail to categorize emails as per relevance
Wellington: World`s most popular email service by Google is set to have a revamped design and a feature which will pre-sort the incoming mails as per relevant categories.
Gmail`s new look will change its appearance both on desktop and mobile applications with dedicated tabs, Stuff.co.nz reports.
The important mails from friends, family and colleagues will appear in the Primary tab, while other tabs will have notifications from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Separate tab will include updates on bills, receipts and confirmation emails, while mails from online discussion groups will appear in the Forums tab.
The report however said that inbox organization is optional and the user can choose which of the five categories they want to use.
This update will be made available to the users in the coming weeks and the users can also do it manually with the settings tab in Gmail.
Gmail`s another attempt at managing the email clutter comes after three years of its introduction of Priority Inbox feature, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official