Goa govt to probe terror angle in hacking of websites
Panaji: Goa government will investigate terror angle, if any, into the hacking of twelve websites of various state departments last weekend.
Goa Information Technology Corporation Chairman Subhash Faldesai said the state Home Ministry would be informed about the hacking, particularly because the hackers have left a message of "Pakistan Zindabad" on the main pages of the portals.
"It has to be identified whether the pro-Pakistan message on the front page was a threat by terrorists or just a mischief," he said.
IT Corporation, which is handling the data of all government websites through a private vendor, has decided to strengthen its anti-hacking protection.
"Hackers have left the data untouched. We will restore the websites by tomorrow," Faldesai added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video