Goa govt to probe terror angle in hacking of websites
Panaji: Goa government will investigate terror angle, if any, into the hacking of twelve websites of various state departments last weekend.
Goa Information Technology Corporation Chairman Subhash Faldesai said the state Home Ministry would be informed about the hacking, particularly because the hackers have left a message of "Pakistan Zindabad" on the main pages of the portals.
"It has to be identified whether the pro-Pakistan message on the front page was a threat by terrorists or just a mischief," he said.
IT Corporation, which is handling the data of all government websites through a private vendor, has decided to strengthen its anti-hacking protection.
"Hackers have left the data untouched. We will restore the websites by tomorrow," Faldesai added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one