Google +1 button recommendation launched across the web
New Delhi: Internet giant Google is out with the +1 recommendations feature on websites all over the world.
This implies that from now on, if a user floats over the +1 button on a website, a list of recommended site options and applications will appear before him. These suggestions will appear regardless of whether a user is signed in to Google+ or not.
This new feature will help a subscriber to find out what friends recommend and also help website owners to display more relevant content.
“+1’ing something has always been a fun and lightweight way to engage with online content. It’s also a powerful discovery tool, making it easier for friends to find the best content by showing social annotations in search results and ads, and now we’re taking it to the next level,” reads a post by Google Engineering Manager Julie Farago on the official Google+ Developers blog.
“To keep these recommendations more relevant and on-topic, they will always refer to pages on the same domain or sub-domain as the +1 button,” she added in the post.
The +1 button update feature will be released across the web over the next few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Breakthrough: Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Gaming Time! Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team enjoys playing FIFA after West Indies win
- Watch it to believe it: Cricket 'watching' at its best
- Manchester United invite Pakistan cricket team for a visit at Old Trafford football stadium – See pics!
- Explosion near reception centre for refugees in Zirndorfin of southern Germany