Google acquires Israeli security start-up SlickLogin
Jerusalem: The global internet giant Google is acquiring SlickLogin, an Israeli developer of sound-based password alternative, in an "acqui-hiring deal", which means SlickLogin`s staff and knowledge will be integrated into Google, SlickLogin confirmed the deal on its website Sunday.
"Today we`re announcing that the SlickLogin team is joining Google," Xinhua quoted the three founders of the young start-up as saying. They added that Google "shares our core beliefs that logging in should be easy instead of frustrating... We couldn`t be more excited to join their efforts."
No financial figures of the transaction were disclosed.
SlickLogin was founded less than a year ago. The company is based on a novel idea to enable end users to log-in easily into password-protected websites by using a uniquely generated sound.
The company is yet to launch a commercial product and accrued clients, so the deal actually represents an acquisition of the technology itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you