Google adds unsubscribe option to promotional e-mails
Washington: Google is reportedly adding an unsubscribe button to Gmail to help users stay clear of unwanted promotional messages.
The unsubscribe button is said to automatically appear in the header of emails that it perceives as unwanted messages from marketers.
According to the Verge, clicking the button won`t lead one through the marketers` standard unsubscribe dialogue though, it will instead have Google send an automated email to the marketer requesting that it removes the user from future mailings.
Google`s unsubscribe option began to roll out soon after the company announced the new feature at an event last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH