Google adds unsubscribe option to promotional e-mails
Washington: Google is reportedly adding an unsubscribe button to Gmail to help users stay clear of unwanted promotional messages.
The unsubscribe button is said to automatically appear in the header of emails that it perceives as unwanted messages from marketers.
According to the Verge, clicking the button won`t lead one through the marketers` standard unsubscribe dialogue though, it will instead have Google send an automated email to the marketer requesting that it removes the user from future mailings.
Google`s unsubscribe option began to roll out soon after the company announced the new feature at an event last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves