Google beats Facebook as 2011’s most visited site
London: Google has been the most visited site of 2011 in US, with Facebook coming a close second, a new study has revealed.
The survey, conducted by Nielsen, suggests that more than 153 million visitors clicked onto Google branded pages each month, while Facebook attracted close to 138 million visitors.
As Yahoo came third with about 130 million visitors each month, analysts warned that the site’s tally might be at risk if young people continued to turn away from web-based email.
The study is based on data collected between January and October and included visits from home and work computers. It involved a sample from a global panel of 200,000 people.
Although Google trumped Facebook as the most popular web brand, it’s Google+ network came far behind the social networking site in Nielsen’s ranking of the most popular social networks and blogs.
Google came eighth in the list with 8.02m unique monthly visitors.
Google’s YouTube was identified as the most popular destination for online videos, attracting more than three times the number of monthly visitors as the music video service Vevo.
The list, prepared by Nielsen, of the number of visitors to various websites is as follows –
7. AOL Media Network-
10. Ask Search Network-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi