Google blocks website that converts YouTube songs into MP3s
Washington: Internet search giant Google has blocked access to a site that converts YouTube music videos into MP3s, according to a report.
Google has sent a cease-and-desist letter to file conversion site ‘YouTube-MP3.org’, and blocked the site’s servers from accessing YouTube.
YouTube-MP3.org is a site where users copy a YouTube web address onto a form and the site converts the video in to an MP3 file.
YouTube-MP3.org`s administrator has said that the site does not use YouTube``s application programming interface (API).
If it is using YouTube`s API, the site could be violating YouTube`s terms of service, which prohibits developers from separating, isolating or modifying the audio or video component of any YouTube content made available through API.
According to CNET, four popular record companies have pressured Google, YouTube``s parent firm, to take action against sites that covert online videos into audio files.
YouTube has spent big money to license music videos as well as enable users to incorporate music into their clips free of charge.
Google, however, has also been one of the biggest supporters of free culture and a proponent of protecting the Internet from censorship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof