Google breaks 2005 promise not to show banner ads on web search results
Search engine giant Google has broken its 2005 promise to never show banner ads on its homepage, or with web search results, amid falling web advert prices.
Google confirmed testing a system with about 30 advertisers in the United States, in which it shows banner ads for companies, including SouthWest Airlines, on web pages for search results, The Guardian reports.
The company clarified that they are currently running a very limited, U.S.-only test, in which advertisers can include an image as part of the search ads shown in response to certain branded queries.
Google said it won`t be charging for the banner ads, which take up large parts of the screen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase