Google breaks 2005 promise not to show banner ads on web search results
Search engine giant Google has broken its 2005 promise to never show banner ads on its homepage, or with web search results, amid falling web advert prices.
Google confirmed testing a system with about 30 advertisers in the United States, in which it shows banner ads for companies, including SouthWest Airlines, on web pages for search results, The Guardian reports.
The company clarified that they are currently running a very limited, U.S.-only test, in which advertisers can include an image as part of the search ads shown in response to certain branded queries.
Google said it won`t be charging for the banner ads, which take up large parts of the screen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof