Google breaks 2005 promise not to show banner ads on web search results
Search engine giant Google has broken its 2005 promise to never show banner ads on its homepage, or with web search results, amid falling web advert prices.
Google confirmed testing a system with about 30 advertisers in the United States, in which it shows banner ads for companies, including SouthWest Airlines, on web pages for search results, The Guardian reports.
The company clarified that they are currently running a very limited, U.S.-only test, in which advertisers can include an image as part of the search ads shown in response to certain branded queries.
Google said it won`t be charging for the banner ads, which take up large parts of the screen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more