Google brings 76 Indian heritage sites online
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
New Delh: Internet giant, Google is releasing panoramic images of 76 heritage/historical sites and 30 new exhibitions of arts and historical institutions from across India on the the Google Cultural Institute. This iniative has been made in collaboration with the support of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and are collected using Street View technology.
Starting from today, people around the world will be able to virtually explore over 1400 cultural objects from India on the Google Cultural Institute including images from various heritage sites like Safdarjung Tomb, Ellora Caves and Purana Quila on Google Cultural Institute.
With this launch, the total number of ASI sites online has jumped to over 100, which includes the likes of Taj Mahal and Humayun`s Tomb.
The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, Daricha Foundation, Parzor Foundation and the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research will use the GCI and unveil immersive online exhibitions of their collections, photographs, prints, and paintings.
“Google is deeply committed to helping preserve and showcase cultural heritage across the world. India is unique in terms of the her sheer wealth of heritage and iconic historical monuments, and it has been our privilege to work with the ASI and these partners to bring such diverse aspects of India’s culture online for people at home and abroad,” said Rajan Anandan, Vice President and Managing Director, Google India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!