Google buys Quickoffice
San Francisco: Google Tuesday announced that it has acquired mobile office software company Quickoffice.
"Quickoffice has an established track record of enabling seamless interoperability with popular file formats, and we`ll be working on bringing their powerful technology to our Apps product suite," said Google in its official blog.
Details of the acquisition were not disclosed, Xinhua reported.
Launched in 1997, Quickoffice provides mobile office document software for devices running Apple`s iOS and Google`s Android operating systems, allowing users to open, view and edit Microsoft Office files with complete document data integrity.
The company said its product has been downloaded on 300 million devices so far in 180 countries.
Analysts said Google may release its own mobile office software suite as Microsoft appears to hold back Office from other mobile platforms, rather than its Windows 8.
Quickoffice is Google`s second major acquisition this week. On Monday, the search giant announced that it had purchased the instant messaging firm Meebo.
According to an earlier report by technology news site AllThingsD, the price Google paid for Meebo is about $100 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion