Google celebrates Children’s Day with special doodle
New Delhi: Google’s India homepage Monday celebrated the birthday of the first Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru with a special doodle designed by Varsha Gupta, Class III student from Ryan International School, Greater Noida.
Varsha designed the special Doodle illustrating traditional Indian musical instruments, which has been featured online on Google’s India homepage on ‘Children’s Day’ for 24-hours.
The seven-year-old school student had won the national-level third ‘Doodle4Google’ contest organised in Noida a few days back.
Interacting with media after the event, an elated Gupta explained the design from her t-shirt that showcased her creative Doodle.
“I have designed this band including two ‘tablas’ (a pair of hand drums), a ‘veena’ (plucked string instrument) and then I made a ‘shehnai’ (a wooden aerophonic instrument) and then I made a ‘ghungroo’ (anklet made from small metallic bells). (Q. What are your feelings on winning this contest?) I am very happy,” she said.
“I have never felt this happier prior to this in my life. It is the best moment of my life,” added Varsha’s proud father Motilal Gupta.
Managing Director and VP Sales and Operations for Google India Rajan Anandan and Jennifer Hom, the creative brainchild behind Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary doodle along with global Google’s Doodle team attended the event.
Apart from a winning certificate, Google India, handed Varsha with a laptop, a year`s internet connection and Rs200,000 technology grant for her school.
Varsha’s creation was selected on the basis of artistic merit, creativity, and expression of the doodle theme ‘India’s gift to the world’.
The recreated Google logo popularly known as Doodle was chosen form over a million entries from across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?