Google celebrates `Gay Pride` with rainbow coloured search box
Washington: Search engine Google is celebrating the pride month with its search box going all colourful when keywords like `Gay pride` `Stonewall` or `Gay` related to Wednesday`s ruling by the US court about the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) are typed.
The US Supreme Court today struck down a federal provision, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which denied same-sex legally married couples from receiving benefits.
According to ABC News, Google had rolled out this feature a month back but many users are discovering it only now due to the ruling about Proposition 8 and DOMA.
Google has supported marriage equality and gay rights, and in order to support the court ruling, Google employees at its San Francisco office had a cake made to look like the HRC symbol with two set of gay couples sitting on top.
Gay Google employees or Gayglers, as they are called, have also convened before this year`s Pride festivities to plan for Google`s marketing activities surrounding the big LGBT events.
Earlier this month a lesbian couple got married through Google`s chat service - Google Hangout, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH