Google celebrates India’s Independence Day with tri-coloured doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has adorned its India homepage with a tri-coloured ribbon spelling out its logo to mark the country’s 67th Independence Day.
On this day in 1947, India broke the yoke of British colonialism and obtained her freedom after a long and arduous struggle.
India’s freedom struggle is notable for the largely non-violent resistance and has inspired people around the world.
This national holiday is celebrated with fervour across the country with flag-hoisting ceremonies, cultural events and parades. The Prime Minister begins the day’s celebrations with hoisting of the national flag at the Red fort in Delhi and an address to the nation from its ramparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence