Google celebrates India’s Independence Day with tri-coloured doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has adorned its India homepage with a tri-coloured ribbon spelling out its logo to mark the country’s 67th Independence Day.
On this day in 1947, India broke the yoke of British colonialism and obtained her freedom after a long and arduous struggle.
India’s freedom struggle is notable for the largely non-violent resistance and has inspired people around the world.
This national holiday is celebrated with fervour across the country with flag-hoisting ceremonies, cultural events and parades. The Prime Minister begins the day’s celebrations with hoisting of the national flag at the Red fort in Delhi and an address to the nation from its ramparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh