Google celebrates India’s Independence Day with tri-coloured doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has adorned its India homepage with a tri-coloured ribbon spelling out its logo to mark the country’s 67th Independence Day.
On this day in 1947, India broke the yoke of British colonialism and obtained her freedom after a long and arduous struggle.
India’s freedom struggle is notable for the largely non-violent resistance and has inspired people around the world.
This national holiday is celebrated with fervour across the country with flag-hoisting ceremonies, cultural events and parades. The Prime Minister begins the day’s celebrations with hoisting of the national flag at the Red fort in Delhi and an address to the nation from its ramparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued