Google celebrates India’s Independence Day with tri-coloured doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has adorned its India homepage with a tri-coloured ribbon spelling out its logo to mark the country’s 67th Independence Day.
On this day in 1947, India broke the yoke of British colonialism and obtained her freedom after a long and arduous struggle.
India’s freedom struggle is notable for the largely non-violent resistance and has inspired people around the world.
This national holiday is celebrated with fervour across the country with flag-hoisting ceremonies, cultural events and parades. The Prime Minister begins the day’s celebrations with hoisting of the national flag at the Red fort in Delhi and an address to the nation from its ramparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar