Google celebrates India’s Independence Day with tri-coloured doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google has adorned its India homepage with a tri-coloured ribbon spelling out its logo to mark the country’s 67th Independence Day.
On this day in 1947, India broke the yoke of British colonialism and obtained her freedom after a long and arduous struggle.
India’s freedom struggle is notable for the largely non-violent resistance and has inspired people around the world.
This national holiday is celebrated with fervour across the country with flag-hoisting ceremonies, cultural events and parades. The Prime Minister begins the day’s celebrations with hoisting of the national flag at the Red fort in Delhi and an address to the nation from its ramparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey