Google chat glitch sends messages to wrong recipients
Washington: Google chat users reportedly experienced a glitch in the service this week, when their messages were sent to the wrong recipients.
Once the users reported of the problem to the search giant, it said that the team was working on resolving the issue and the services are gradually being restored.
According to New York Daily News, Google did not elaborate on the glitch but it was observed that the issue was faced by those who use Google Talk and were trying to communicate with those using the upgraded Google Hangout.
Google users took to social media sites expressing their concern about privacy on the site, which is already battling enough lawsuits over allegations of reading users` emails for targeted advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical