Google chat glitch sends messages to wrong recipients
Washington: Google chat users reportedly experienced a glitch in the service this week, when their messages were sent to the wrong recipients.
Once the users reported of the problem to the search giant, it said that the team was working on resolving the issue and the services are gradually being restored.
According to New York Daily News, Google did not elaborate on the glitch but it was observed that the issue was faced by those who use Google Talk and were trying to communicate with those using the upgraded Google Hangout.
Google users took to social media sites expressing their concern about privacy on the site, which is already battling enough lawsuits over allegations of reading users` emails for targeted advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!