Google Chrome extension offers hands-free search
Washington: Google has released "Moto X-like" spoken search extension for Chrome, which enables hands-free queries.
The free Google Voice Search Hotword extension has for spoken terms by adding an always-listening trigger, rather than requiring users to actually click the microphone button, the Verge reports.
According to the report, this will build on the existing support Google search.
The users can now say "OK, Google" to instruct the browser to search for anything they need, including measurements, weather, and directions.
The app is currently in beta, and can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know