Google Chrome extension offers hands-free search
Washington: Google has released "Moto X-like" spoken search extension for Chrome, which enables hands-free queries.
The free Google Voice Search Hotword extension has for spoken terms by adding an always-listening trigger, rather than requiring users to actually click the microphone button, the Verge reports.
According to the report, this will build on the existing support Google search.
The users can now say "OK, Google" to instruct the browser to search for anything they need, including measurements, weather, and directions.
The app is currently in beta, and can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video