Google Chrome is third most popular browser
London: Google Chrome is now the world`s third most popular web browser with one in five users preferring it.
Google Chrome has also emerged as Britain`s second most popular web browser, edging Mozilla`s Firefox and nibbling at Microsoft`s Internet Explorer, the current leader.
Chrome accounted for 22 percent of the British web market, compared to 45 percent of users preferring Internet Explorer. Apple`s Safari stood at the fourth place with nine percent share.
But experts pointed out that Internet Explorer`s market share was falling despite the programme already pre-installed on almost every computer sold in Britain, The Telegraph reports.
Google said its surge in popularity could be explained by its speed of delivery results, its security and a new ad campaign.
Lars Bak, the Google engineer responsible for Chrome, based in the Danish countryside, said the company`s aim was speed. He said users should "never be happy" with the existing speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog