Google Chrome is third most popular browser
London: Google Chrome is now the world`s third most popular web browser with one in five users preferring it.
Google Chrome has also emerged as Britain`s second most popular web browser, edging Mozilla`s Firefox and nibbling at Microsoft`s Internet Explorer, the current leader.
Chrome accounted for 22 percent of the British web market, compared to 45 percent of users preferring Internet Explorer. Apple`s Safari stood at the fourth place with nine percent share.
But experts pointed out that Internet Explorer`s market share was falling despite the programme already pre-installed on almost every computer sold in Britain, The Telegraph reports.
Google said its surge in popularity could be explained by its speed of delivery results, its security and a new ad campaign.
Lars Bak, the Google engineer responsible for Chrome, based in the Danish countryside, said the company`s aim was speed. He said users should "never be happy" with the existing speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why