Google Chrome is third most popular browser
London: Google Chrome is now the world`s third most popular web browser with one in five users preferring it.
Google Chrome has also emerged as Britain`s second most popular web browser, edging Mozilla`s Firefox and nibbling at Microsoft`s Internet Explorer, the current leader.
Chrome accounted for 22 percent of the British web market, compared to 45 percent of users preferring Internet Explorer. Apple`s Safari stood at the fourth place with nine percent share.
But experts pointed out that Internet Explorer`s market share was falling despite the programme already pre-installed on almost every computer sold in Britain, The Telegraph reports.
Google said its surge in popularity could be explained by its speed of delivery results, its security and a new ad campaign.
Lars Bak, the Google engineer responsible for Chrome, based in the Danish countryside, said the company`s aim was speed. He said users should "never be happy" with the existing speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad