Google Chrome is third most popular browser
London: Google Chrome is now the world`s third most popular web browser with one in five users preferring it.
Google Chrome has also emerged as Britain`s second most popular web browser, edging Mozilla`s Firefox and nibbling at Microsoft`s Internet Explorer, the current leader.
Chrome accounted for 22 percent of the British web market, compared to 45 percent of users preferring Internet Explorer. Apple`s Safari stood at the fourth place with nine percent share.
But experts pointed out that Internet Explorer`s market share was falling despite the programme already pre-installed on almost every computer sold in Britain, The Telegraph reports.
Google said its surge in popularity could be explained by its speed of delivery results, its security and a new ad campaign.
Lars Bak, the Google engineer responsible for Chrome, based in the Danish countryside, said the company`s aim was speed. He said users should "never be happy" with the existing speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price