Google clears another step in EU antitrust case
Brussels: A spokesman for the European Union`s antitrust body says Google has submitted proposals to address concerns that it is dominating the online search and advertising markets.
The European Commission, the 27-nation bloc`s executive arm, is investigating whether Google Inc. Unfairly favors its own services in its Internet search results.
Google`s search engine the world`s most influential gateway to online information and commerce enjoys a near-monopoly in Europe.
Spokesman Antoine Colombani said today Google has submitted in legally binding form a list of remedies to address the Commission`s concerns. Those will shortly be put to a market test to see whether they will be sufficient.
The Commission will make a final decision on the case launched in 2010 sometime after learning the market test`s results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez