Google clears another step in EU antitrust case
Brussels: A spokesman for the European Union`s antitrust body says Google has submitted proposals to address concerns that it is dominating the online search and advertising markets.
The European Commission, the 27-nation bloc`s executive arm, is investigating whether Google Inc. Unfairly favors its own services in its Internet search results.
Google`s search engine the world`s most influential gateway to online information and commerce enjoys a near-monopoly in Europe.
Spokesman Antoine Colombani said today Google has submitted in legally binding form a list of remedies to address the Commission`s concerns. Those will shortly be put to a market test to see whether they will be sufficient.
The Commission will make a final decision on the case launched in 2010 sometime after learning the market test`s results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested