Google could boost search rank for `encrypted` sites
Washington: Websites using encryption may soon receive more prominent search rankings by Google.
Following the move, Websites across the world may start locking down the information sent to and from their servers in order to better their ranking on the search engine , the Verge reported.
Meanwhile, Google`s web spam chief, Matt Cutts is said to have reportedly discussed the possibility within the company and had also hinted at the possibility during a recent conference, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh