`Google crisis response` to help Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Search engine major Google has started an online resource facility to help people affected by the devastating floods in parts of Uttarakhand.
`Google crisis response` is prominently displayed on the home page of the search engine via the link `resources` and provides up-to-date information on rescue and relief operations including details of statewise control rooms, shelters and medical centers among others.
One can also get details of those rescued, cleared rescue zones and people stranded. In addition, details of mobile access locations, road information and locations of donation boxes are also made available on the page.
Google has also started a unique facility--person finder-- to get or give details of a stranded person. "You can request status via SMS by sending an SMS to 9 77 33 00 000 with the message Search person-name," according to the information posted on the page.
So far the application is tracking 19,300 records, it said.
The Google crisis centre also features news related to Uttarakhand floods in a separate window on its home page.
It has also put details of helplines--Uttarkashi: (+91)1374-226461,Chamoli: (+91)1372-251437, 9411352136, Rudraprayag: (+91) 1364-233727,9412914875, and Control Room (Uttarakhand): (+91) 135-2710334, 9557444486-- to facilitate easy exchange of information related to stranded people.
"Widespread flood damage continues to ravage Uttarakhand, India. This page contains a short summary of resources relating to relief and rescue efforts in the region," the message on the home page reads.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani