`Google crisis response` to help Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Search engine major Google has started an online resource facility to help people affected by the devastating floods in parts of Uttarakhand.
`Google crisis response` is prominently displayed on the home page of the search engine via the link `resources` and provides up-to-date information on rescue and relief operations including details of statewise control rooms, shelters and medical centers among others.
One can also get details of those rescued, cleared rescue zones and people stranded. In addition, details of mobile access locations, road information and locations of donation boxes are also made available on the page.
Google has also started a unique facility--person finder-- to get or give details of a stranded person. "You can request status via SMS by sending an SMS to 9 77 33 00 000 with the message Search person-name," according to the information posted on the page.
So far the application is tracking 19,300 records, it said.
The Google crisis centre also features news related to Uttarakhand floods in a separate window on its home page.
It has also put details of helplines--Uttarkashi: (+91)1374-226461,Chamoli: (+91)1372-251437, 9411352136, Rudraprayag: (+91) 1364-233727,9412914875, and Control Room (Uttarakhand): (+91) 135-2710334, 9557444486-- to facilitate easy exchange of information related to stranded people.
"Widespread flood damage continues to ravage Uttarakhand, India. This page contains a short summary of resources relating to relief and rescue efforts in the region," the message on the home page reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state