`Google crisis response` to help Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Search engine major Google has started an online resource facility to help people affected by the devastating floods in parts of Uttarakhand.
`Google crisis response` is prominently displayed on the home page of the search engine via the link `resources` and provides up-to-date information on rescue and relief operations including details of statewise control rooms, shelters and medical centers among others.
One can also get details of those rescued, cleared rescue zones and people stranded. In addition, details of mobile access locations, road information and locations of donation boxes are also made available on the page.
Google has also started a unique facility--person finder-- to get or give details of a stranded person. "You can request status via SMS by sending an SMS to 9 77 33 00 000 with the message Search person-name," according to the information posted on the page.
So far the application is tracking 19,300 records, it said.
The Google crisis centre also features news related to Uttarakhand floods in a separate window on its home page.
It has also put details of helplines--Uttarkashi: (+91)1374-226461,Chamoli: (+91)1372-251437, 9411352136, Rudraprayag: (+91) 1364-233727,9412914875, and Control Room (Uttarakhand): (+91) 135-2710334, 9557444486-- to facilitate easy exchange of information related to stranded people.
"Widespread flood damage continues to ravage Uttarakhand, India. This page contains a short summary of resources relating to relief and rescue efforts in the region," the message on the home page reads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!