Google doodle celebrates Mark Twain`s birthday
New Delhi: Google on Wednesday celebrated 176th birth anniversary of American author and humorist Mark Twain with a doodle on its homepage, depicting the scene from his most noted novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
The illustration on the homepage of the search engine portrays Tom Sawyer, the protagonist, whitewashing a fence with his friend Ben. Tom is punished by Aunt Polly for dirtying his clothes in a fight with a boy from St Louis.
Born on November 30, 1835 as Samuel Langhorne Clemens in the town of Florida, Missouri, Mark Twain is best known for his wit and satire and remains a towering figure in American literature. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885) are the most successful novels written by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate