Google doodle celebrates Mark Twain`s birthday
New Delhi: Google on Wednesday celebrated 176th birth anniversary of American author and humorist Mark Twain with a doodle on its homepage, depicting the scene from his most noted novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
The illustration on the homepage of the search engine portrays Tom Sawyer, the protagonist, whitewashing a fence with his friend Ben. Tom is punished by Aunt Polly for dirtying his clothes in a fight with a boy from St Louis.
Born on November 30, 1835 as Samuel Langhorne Clemens in the town of Florida, Missouri, Mark Twain is best known for his wit and satire and remains a towering figure in American literature. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885) are the most successful novels written by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites