Google doodle celebrates Mark Twain`s birthday
New Delhi: Google on Wednesday celebrated 176th birth anniversary of American author and humorist Mark Twain with a doodle on its homepage, depicting the scene from his most noted novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
The illustration on the homepage of the search engine portrays Tom Sawyer, the protagonist, whitewashing a fence with his friend Ben. Tom is punished by Aunt Polly for dirtying his clothes in a fight with a boy from St Louis.
Born on November 30, 1835 as Samuel Langhorne Clemens in the town of Florida, Missouri, Mark Twain is best known for his wit and satire and remains a towering figure in American literature. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885) are the most successful novels written by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?