Google Doodle celebrates Srinivasa Ramanujan`s 125th birthday anniversary
New Delhi: In accordance with its custom, Google has doled out a doodle to mark and celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of India`s best known mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan.
This latest Google Doodle depicts mathematical theorems in the letters of the word GOOGLE being written by a small child which seems to be Srinivasa Ramanujan.
Born on December 22nd 1887 in Erode,Tamil Nadu, Ramanujan was an Indian mathematician who with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made significant and extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions.
During his short lifetime, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3900 results mostly focussing on identities and equations and nearly all his claims have now been proven correct.
In December 2011, in recognition of his contribution to mathematics, the Government of India declared that Ramanujan’s birthday i.e. 22 December should be celebrated every year as National Mathematics Day, and also declared 2012 the National Mathematical Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL