Google Doodle celebrates Srinivasa Ramanujan`s 125th birthday anniversary
New Delhi: In accordance with its custom, Google has doled out a doodle to mark and celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of India`s best known mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan.
This latest Google Doodle depicts mathematical theorems in the letters of the word GOOGLE being written by a small child which seems to be Srinivasa Ramanujan.
Born on December 22nd 1887 in Erode,Tamil Nadu, Ramanujan was an Indian mathematician who with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made significant and extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions.
During his short lifetime, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3900 results mostly focussing on identities and equations and nearly all his claims have now been proven correct.
In December 2011, in recognition of his contribution to mathematics, the Government of India declared that Ramanujan’s birthday i.e. 22 December should be celebrated every year as National Mathematics Day, and also declared 2012 the National Mathematical Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!