Google doodle celebrates Valentine`s Day and George Ferris` birthday
New Delhi: Internet giant Google gave a unique tribute to George Ferris on his 154th birth anniversary by posting an interactive doodle on its homepage, which also celebrates the day of love February 14, also known as the Valentine`s Day.
Riding on a Ferris wheel, suddenly your eyes fall on to that beautiful face in the crowd- the world turns red, the music doesn`t seem to stop and your heart rate just goes up at the thought of finding the perfect love on Valentine`s Day.
This is what Google exactly does with its interactive two-in-one doodle. It takes you through a joyride on the Ferris wheel with sixteen animals narrating their experience of love in 10 uniquely different ways on this Valentine`s Day.
With an amusement park in the backdrop, the Google doodle features two Ferris wheels, replacing the two O`s of the word Google.
The other letters are replaced by the roller coaster ride that represents the first G, the track of Go Kart ride forms the second G, the letters L and E are depicted with the Drop Tower and Merry-go-round rides, respectively.
Pushing the heart button on the doodle spins the wheels and brings up love stories of different animals, pictorially. Of all the 16 characters, Fox is the only animal who is single on this Valentine`s Day and prefers spending time watching TV at home.
George Ferris, born on February 14, 1859 in Illinois, is most famous for designing and building the original Ferris wheel for an exposition in Chicago in 1893.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj