Google Doodle: Celebrating Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday
New Delhi: Search giant Google is celebrating Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday on Saturday with his most popular painting `The Kiss`.
The painter was born on July 14, 1862 in Baumgarten, Austria. He was known for his celebration of eroticism with the female body as his primary subject.
He was one of the founding members and president of the Vienna Secession, a movement which challenged the rigidity of traditional Austrian painting. His major works include paintings, sketches and murals.
Though maintaining a respectable image, he was known to have fathered at least 14 illegitimate children. He contracted pneumonia during the Spanish influenza epidemic in 1918 and died after suffering from stroke that year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended