Google Doodle: Celebrating Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday
New Delhi: Search giant Google is celebrating Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday on Saturday with his most popular painting `The Kiss`.
The painter was born on July 14, 1862 in Baumgarten, Austria. He was known for his celebration of eroticism with the female body as his primary subject.
He was one of the founding members and president of the Vienna Secession, a movement which challenged the rigidity of traditional Austrian painting. His major works include paintings, sketches and murals.
Though maintaining a respectable image, he was known to have fathered at least 14 illegitimate children. He contracted pneumonia during the Spanish influenza epidemic in 1918 and died after suffering from stroke that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'