Google Doodle: Celebrating Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday
New Delhi: Search giant Google is celebrating Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday on Saturday with his most popular painting `The Kiss`.
The painter was born on July 14, 1862 in Baumgarten, Austria. He was known for his celebration of eroticism with the female body as his primary subject.
He was one of the founding members and president of the Vienna Secession, a movement which challenged the rigidity of traditional Austrian painting. His major works include paintings, sketches and murals.
Though maintaining a respectable image, he was known to have fathered at least 14 illegitimate children. He contracted pneumonia during the Spanish influenza epidemic in 1918 and died after suffering from stroke that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue