Google Doodle: Celebrating Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday
New Delhi: Search giant Google is celebrating Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday on Saturday with his most popular painting `The Kiss`.
The painter was born on July 14, 1862 in Baumgarten, Austria. He was known for his celebration of eroticism with the female body as his primary subject.
He was one of the founding members and president of the Vienna Secession, a movement which challenged the rigidity of traditional Austrian painting. His major works include paintings, sketches and murals.
Though maintaining a respectable image, he was known to have fathered at least 14 illegitimate children. He contracted pneumonia during the Spanish influenza epidemic in 1918 and died after suffering from stroke that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing