Google Doodle: Celebrating Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday
New Delhi: Search giant Google is celebrating Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday on Saturday with his most popular painting `The Kiss`.
The painter was born on July 14, 1862 in Baumgarten, Austria. He was known for his celebration of eroticism with the female body as his primary subject.
He was one of the founding members and president of the Vienna Secession, a movement which challenged the rigidity of traditional Austrian painting. His major works include paintings, sketches and murals.
Though maintaining a respectable image, he was known to have fathered at least 14 illegitimate children. He contracted pneumonia during the Spanish influenza epidemic in 1918 and died after suffering from stroke that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH