Google doodle honours Ada Lovelace on 197th birthday
New Delhi: You are in for a visual treat as soon as you visit the homepage of Google. Log into Google and you will be greeted with a doodle featuring a stylized Google logo of a progression from old age computers to present day laptops.
On Monday, Google doodled the evolution of computers on the occasion of the world`s first computer programmer’s birth anniversary.
This doodle by Google celebrates Ada Lovelace’s 197th birth anniversary, the 19th century mathematician and daughter of romantic poet Lord Byron. The doodle shows Ada Lovelace writing the pioneering computer program with a quill pen seated on a desk and the paper scroll she is writing her algorithm on twirls in the shape of the letters of the Google logo.
Ada Lovelace, who was christened Augusta Ada Byron, was an English mathematician and writer chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage`s early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognised as the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. Because of this, she is sometimes considered the world`s first computer programmer.
She left a legacy as role model for girls and young women considering careers in technology.This day is also dedicated to the celebration of the achievements of women in science and technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number