Google doodle marks Grimm`s Fairy Tales 200th anniversary
New Delhi: Little Red Riding Hood travels through the forest to see her ailing grandmother unaware of the dangers of the big bad world outside, only to be tricked by a wicked wolf.
`Little Red Riding Hood` one of the stories among a collection of about 200 folk tales by the Grimm brothers has been retold by Google doodle in 22 illustrious frames as a tribute on the 200th anniversary of Grimm`s Fairy Tales.
Grimm`s Fairy Tales is the popular name of a 19th century German book called Children`s and Household Tales (Kinder und Hausmärchen in German) written by German brothers Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (1785–1863) and Wilhelm Carl Grimm (1786–1859). Their first collection was published in 1812.
Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, Tom Thumb, Rapunzel, The Golden Goose, and Rumpelstiltskin are among the most popular fairy tales collected by Grimm brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das