Google doodle marks Grimm`s Fairy Tales 200th anniversary
New Delhi: Little Red Riding Hood travels through the forest to see her ailing grandmother unaware of the dangers of the big bad world outside, only to be tricked by a wicked wolf.
`Little Red Riding Hood` one of the stories among a collection of about 200 folk tales by the Grimm brothers has been retold by Google doodle in 22 illustrious frames as a tribute on the 200th anniversary of Grimm`s Fairy Tales.
Grimm`s Fairy Tales is the popular name of a 19th century German book called Children`s and Household Tales (Kinder und Hausmärchen in German) written by German brothers Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (1785–1863) and Wilhelm Carl Grimm (1786–1859). Their first collection was published in 1812.
Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, Tom Thumb, Rapunzel, The Golden Goose, and Rumpelstiltskin are among the most popular fairy tales collected by Grimm brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- New 'talk therapy' cheap, effective for treating depression
- Turmeric compound may treat colon cancer
- Flash floods, landslides leave 112 dead in China, thousands evacuated: State media
- Shocking: Man steals car battery in broad daylight! Watch viral video
- Twitter will not Periscope its quarterly earnings results