Google doodle marks Grimm`s Fairy Tales 200th anniversary
New Delhi: Little Red Riding Hood travels through the forest to see her ailing grandmother unaware of the dangers of the big bad world outside, only to be tricked by a wicked wolf.
`Little Red Riding Hood` one of the stories among a collection of about 200 folk tales by the Grimm brothers has been retold by Google doodle in 22 illustrious frames as a tribute on the 200th anniversary of Grimm`s Fairy Tales.
Grimm`s Fairy Tales is the popular name of a 19th century German book called Children`s and Household Tales (Kinder und Hausmärchen in German) written by German brothers Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (1785–1863) and Wilhelm Carl Grimm (1786–1859). Their first collection was published in 1812.
Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, Tom Thumb, Rapunzel, The Golden Goose, and Rumpelstiltskin are among the most popular fairy tales collected by Grimm brothers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan