Google doodle marks Leap Year, Rossini’s birthday
New Delhi: Internet enthusiasts were treated to a double delight on Wednesday by Google that welcomed it’s users with a rare two-in-one doodle that commemorates the Leap Year (February 29th) and 220th birthday of Italian composer, Gioachino Antonio Rossini.
The doodle, which is inspired by Rossini`s famous 1816 comic opera `The Barber of Seville` has four frogs (symbolic to the Leap day) in the scene performing in front of the Google logo.
Gioachino Antonio Rossini, born on 29 February 1792, was an Italian composer who wrote 39 operas, chamber music, songs, and some instrumental and piano pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery