Google doodle marks Leap Year, Rossini’s birthday
New Delhi: Internet enthusiasts were treated to a double delight on Wednesday by Google that welcomed it’s users with a rare two-in-one doodle that commemorates the Leap Year (February 29th) and 220th birthday of Italian composer, Gioachino Antonio Rossini.
The doodle, which is inspired by Rossini`s famous 1816 comic opera `The Barber of Seville` has four frogs (symbolic to the Leap day) in the scene performing in front of the Google logo.
Gioachino Antonio Rossini, born on 29 February 1792, was an Italian composer who wrote 39 operas, chamber music, songs, and some instrumental and piano pieces.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference