Google doodle marks Leap Year, Rossini’s birthday
New Delhi: Internet enthusiasts were treated to a double delight on Wednesday by Google that welcomed it’s users with a rare two-in-one doodle that commemorates the Leap Year (February 29th) and 220th birthday of Italian composer, Gioachino Antonio Rossini.
The doodle, which is inspired by Rossini`s famous 1816 comic opera `The Barber of Seville` has four frogs (symbolic to the Leap day) in the scene performing in front of the Google logo.
Gioachino Antonio Rossini, born on 29 February 1792, was an Italian composer who wrote 39 operas, chamber music, songs, and some instrumental and piano pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO