Google doodle marks Leap Year, Rossini’s birthday
New Delhi: Internet enthusiasts were treated to a double delight on Wednesday by Google that welcomed it’s users with a rare two-in-one doodle that commemorates the Leap Year (February 29th) and 220th birthday of Italian composer, Gioachino Antonio Rossini.
The doodle, which is inspired by Rossini`s famous 1816 comic opera `The Barber of Seville` has four frogs (symbolic to the Leap day) in the scene performing in front of the Google logo.
Gioachino Antonio Rossini, born on 29 February 1792, was an Italian composer who wrote 39 operas, chamber music, songs, and some instrumental and piano pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest