Google doodle marks Leap Year, Rossini’s birthday
New Delhi: Internet enthusiasts were treated to a double delight on Wednesday by Google that welcomed it’s users with a rare two-in-one doodle that commemorates the Leap Year (February 29th) and 220th birthday of Italian composer, Gioachino Antonio Rossini.
The doodle, which is inspired by Rossini`s famous 1816 comic opera `The Barber of Seville` has four frogs (symbolic to the Leap day) in the scene performing in front of the Google logo.
Gioachino Antonio Rossini, born on 29 February 1792, was an Italian composer who wrote 39 operas, chamber music, songs, and some instrumental and piano pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?