Google drops Gmail support for BlackBerry users
New York: Google, maker of Android software for mobile phones, will stop supporting the application for Gmail for rival Research in Motion`s (RIM) BlackBerry smartphones.
"Beginning November 22, 2011, we will end support for the Gmail App for BlackBerry (installed native app). Over this past year, we`ve focused efforts on building a great Gmail experience in the mobile browser and will continue investing in this area," Google said.
This means that from November 22, Google will stop supporting Gmail application for BlackBerry devices and the Gmail applications currently running on the BlackBerry will no longer be maintained and enhanced by Google.
However, users who have already downloaded the app may continue to use it, the company added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?